What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ADSB Out -SIL error

Jeeper

Got a 430W feeding a 330ES transponder. All latest software updates, pin connects are correct. Getting a continuous SIL error on the ADSB Performance Report. Any thoughts on cause ? Mike

SIL

SIL <3 is a gps error

Good SIL is > or equal 3

To be acceptable in the United States, the following performance has to be demonstrated:
• NACp ≥ 8
• NACv ≥ 1
• NIC ≥ 7
• SIL ≥ 3
• SDA ≥ 2

NIC – Navigation Integrity Category, which specifies an integrity containment radius around an aircraft’s reported position

• SIL – Source Integrity Level indicates the probability of the reported horizontal position exceeding the containment radius defined by the NIC

I’m not a garmin user, so I’m guessing 430W means it is a WAAS gps.

Bet issue is a setup issue. Would think others with same setup (gps source and transponder can help u sort it out.

INTGRTY 430W

I can not find a menu selection for INTGRTY in the 430W. Looking for the set up process to get to this page in the 430W......Thanks, Mike

IIRC, there was a 430W software update necessary for the current ADSB requirements. If you 430W is old it may need this.

GPS Integrity Setting

Got a 430W feeding a 330ES transponder. All latest software updates, pin connects are correct. Getting a continuous SIL error on the ADSB Performance Report. Any thoughts on cause ? Mike

Hi Mike,

The GPS configuration page accessible in configuration mode on the GTX 330ES, allows you to specify the GPS integrity setting, which should be 1e-7 for your installation.

GPS%20Config-L.jpg

This link provides a good overview of the settings and software levels required to make this datapath work.

Let us know if you have all of this covered and are still having issues.

Thanks,

Justin

Last edited:
Back