What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hooker vs. Crow harness

Bavafa

Well Known Member
I was wondering if there is any real preference for each of these two company and their product. They both seem to offer similar harness for the RV but not sure if one is better than the other.
Any feed back would be appreciated.

I believe the quality of both is top-notch. For me, the decision came down to color selection.

I have both and unless your into aerobatics, no difference other than price. Hooker has rachet harnesses with wider pads for your aerobatic plane.

Both are quality harnesses. I chose Crow just because I liked the buckles a little better and they had a closer color-match for KELLI GIRL's colors.

Having said that, they are fading fairly readily under outdoor conditions (UV?), specifically the red on the pads. I haven't pursued this issue with Crow, so I have nothing yet to report regarding any service or warranty follow-up (not their fault).

Comfort? Awesome!

My opinion is that your body is going to fail long before either of these harness systems will fail - so from a crashworthiness spec standpoint, there’s no significant difference. I have Crow’s in all my planes because I really like their rotary buckle and because, well....they have always been a whole lot cheaper!

Back