What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

group arrival times for kosh?

RickWoodall

Well Known Member
Reading the notam they talk of sat am and sat pm and sunday am mass arrivals times . We are spending friday night in Madison and unsure when to arrive at ripon for an easy arrival.
I recall a list somewhere of when the various big flights had slotted arrivals on sat and sunday. Anyone have a link? Just dont want to hit ripon at cluster time and think some are 50 plus plane groups.

Thanks.

Gary Sobek posted this information a week or so ago but I can't find the post:

7/20 (Saturday) All times CST.

10:00 AM - Cherokees
11:30 Mooneys
1:00 Bonanzas
2:30 Cessnas

7/21 (Sunday)

8:00 AM - Cirri

Last edited:
For those mass arrival times - are those the arrival times over Fisk or at KOSH? If I'm over Fisk at 7 or 7:15am on Sun, will I run into issues with the Cirrus mass arrival?

One note - I copied the dates from Gary?s screenshots from EAA?s webinar. The days (Saturday/Sunday) are correct but the dates are really Sat 7/20 and Sun 7/21.

EAA?s slides were mislabeled.

One note - I copied the dates from Gary?s screenshots from EAA?s webinar. The days (Saturday/Sunday) are correct but the dates are really Sat 7/20 and Sun 7/21.

EAA?s slides were mislabeled.

Screen-Shot-2019-06-17-at-2-03-09-PM.png

The above was grabbed from the 2019 EAA AirVenture Arrival Webinar.

I find it ironic that all the mass arrivals are certified planes coming into the

EXPERIMENTAL
AIRCRAFT
ASSOCIATION fly-in

I am actually surprised that there isn't an RV mass arrival... I'm sure we could get something going.

I find it ironic that all the mass arrivals are certified planes coming into the

EXPERIMENTAL
AIRCRAFT
ASSOCIATION fly-in

And I bet a good number of them, attending the EAA convention, would "never fly in one of those home made airplanes..."

Last edited:
I've often wondered why we don't have a mass arrival :D That way they would just block out 1/2 of Saturday for RVs :eek::D:D:D:D:D

Regarding mass arrivals. I was in charge of the Christen Eagle 40th anniversary celebrated at OSH 2017. We had 40 eagles and tried to arrange for a mass arrival. The Pitts guys tried a few years before. According to the FAA and EAA they were highly discouraged and did not want to even accommodate a request.

Mass arrivals take a ton of corrdinating. And I'm not landing in formation with someone who doesn't regularly do it.

I used to own a Mooney and they do an extensive flying in formation training program before you can participate in the mass arrival. They hold the schools regularly all over the US in conjunction with Bonanza owners as well. But as I understand it there isn't a better way to fly into OSH than en mass without having to worry about cowboys who don't read the NOTAM.

I would be up for a mass RV arrival as soon as I get my RV done!

RV Arrival Procedure

I am actually surprised that there isn't an RV mass arrival... I'm sure we could get something going.

Maybe not a mass arrival, but an RV only corridor with target speeds, GPS points, altitudes, and frequency. :D

RV arrival ?window?

Maybe not a mass arrival, but an RV only corridor with target speeds, GPS points, altitudes, and frequency. :D

Nailed it. Designate a window, say 3 hours, for RV arrivals. In broad strokes... nothing larger than a division (4 airplanes), formation ONLY with pilots who have flown together before, overhead entires for formation flights. This way we all park together which means less walking to have a beer with another RV driver.

Back