What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X check list

Bavafa

Well Known Member
Just wondering if anyone has create a checklist, either for RV14 or other models that care to share. I would appreciate a copy if it possible.
E-mail address is mmehranp AT gmail.com

I can send you my RV-9A checklist, but what exactly are you looking for with respect to the G3X Touch? The items I have (or will soon) are autopilot check on power up, programming the GTN with the flight plan, and I also have an ILS checklist for all those details. On my plane, the autopilot servos are on their own circuit breaker switch, so that's on the checklist.

Ed

I can send you my RV-9A checklist, but what exactly are you looking for with respect to the G3X Touch? The items I have (or will soon) are autopilot check on power up, programming the GTN with the flight plan, and I also have an ILS checklist for all those details. On my plane, the autopilot servos are on their own circuit breaker switch, so that's on the checklist.

Ed

Thank you Ed, your check list for RV9-A will be great as I can modify it to suit my plane. I am rather new at this and thought there was a generic check list provided by Garmin but have not found any and as I understand it the checklist needs to build by their owner. I am hoping to use one as a template to get a head start for the learning curve.

Not yo hi jack but what did your G3Xpert + autopilot cost total?

If you're asking the cost of a system you can get a G3X 10" touch panel for about $4K and the servos are around $750 a piece. You'll have to price out ADAHRS, probes and what not as well.

Yeah I was looking for total cost (all included parts to finish) have friends telling me it?ll be far higher than GRT or others and can?t seem to get a total cost for everything.

Yeah I was looking for total cost (all included parts to finish) have friends telling me it’ll be far higher than GRT or others and can’t seem to get a total cost for everything.

Call Stein Air and get a quote. My bare bones system cost just over 10k. It’ll be more expensive then most other manufacturers...because its better then all other manufacturers

And there will be annual subscription costs for database updates that other manufacturers don't charge... Make sure you're doing apples/apples cost analysis.

Back