What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Canopy Jettison?

pilot28906

Well Known Member
I am working on the parts for the jettison system and notice I have riveted the F-697 channel on without cutting the hole in it or installing the nut plates for the C-620..

1) Where in the plans does it show the location of the hole and nut plates?
2) Can the nut plates be installed with pulled rivets?
3) Also, where in the plans does it show the location to drill the holes in the WD-619 and WD-618?

Thanks for any info!!

...also the WD-619 "ears" do not sit flat on the top of the C-620 block causing the lower tube extension to no extend to the bottom of the WD-618.

Do I need to counter sink the top of the C-620 hole for the weld joint of the WD-619?

Thanks

After an emergency landing on water. If you ever have an opportunity to
train in a dunker, don't pass it up.

Gary Kohler

After an emergency landing on water. If you ever have an opportunity to
train in a dunker, don't pass it up.

Gary Kohler

I had never thought of this, would make a ton of difference in egress regardless of orientation.
thanks for posting

Gotta ask, why would you want to jettison the canopy in an RV?

Also flying Acro. It makes little sense to wear a parachute if you can't actually get out.

I have been told, but have no exp with, that a tip up is never going to open in flight and a slider may not either.

IAC requires you to wear a paracutist doing solo Acro at competitions and FAR's require parachutes for Acro if two up.

Back