What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Calling Canada

Larco

Well Known Member
We are planning our summer trip and want to explore Canada from the west to east. We have seen a lot of BC already (very beautiful) but nothing east of there. We will leave AZ up to and across Canada, over to Maine then back to the Midwest for a short stay.
We want to do more than just fly across, we would like to see some points of interest, so if anyone up there wouldn't mind emailing us with some suggestions, it would be most appreciated. lschneider39 at cox.net. Thanks, Larry

We're out here in Nova Scotia. We've been known to entertain a few visiting RVers now and then. I'll surrender to Vlad, Don, CJ, Humptybump and a few others for references, but you are more than welcome here.

We're out here in Nova Scotia. We've been known to entertain a few visiting RVers now and then. I'll surrender to Vlad, Don, CJ, Humptybump and a few others for references, but you are more than welcome here.
Thanks Paul.

Geographically, Stanley, NS is definitely east of BC. You can't go very much further east and still be in Canada! I'd highly recommend paying Paul and the Stanley, NS folks a visit. Their hospitality was outstanding - lots of food, flying, and a tour of the place that only Paul can narrate. The Stanley Hilton is made for pilots and was broken-in by RV pilots...hopefully it's fully aired out by now. Plus the rates are perfect.

If my wife ever recovers from her ACL surgery I plan to return.

They are there in Nova Scotia. Endless entertainment. Watch the whales, run the cliffs etc... A must to visit.

Churchill Manitoba

I would recommend Churchill in Beluga season. Can fly over Fort Prince of Wales, see "Ms. Piggy" and the Ithica. It's a really neat place to visit. You would also get to land on one of the old abort runways for the space shuttle. 10,000' of beautiful runway stuck in the middle of Canada's north.

If your brave, you could come in polar bear season. The weather gets particularly nasty in polar bear season though. 30kt winds and blowing snow are frequent.

Back