What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any 14s going to Oshkosh?

MED

Well Known Member
It may be a little early to know for sure, but are any customer-built 14s going to be at Oshkosh?

I'll be bringing the Van's East Coast RV-14A. It will most probably be on the tent.

Mitch,

Even though it would be a cool marketing strategy (Airplane highly visible from way down the road, etc.), and as nice as the tent is (I have such fond memories of all the time we have spent there), I am pretty sure it wont support a completed RV-14A (unless yours is certified in the airship category ;))

Bump. Inside of a month to Oshkosh! Hoping to see some 14s on the flight line!! :)

Stoney may have his time flown off by then, doubt Tim will, unless its in his phase 1 box. Not sure about others.
Tom

No, I've been flying every day and sometimes twice a day. I'll definitely be at OSH. I'll probably have the time flown off within a week or maybe a little more, depending on how much time I keep it down working on the wheel fairings. I have the mains fairings on now with no leg fairings or nose done. Flew it like that tonight and had a little speed boost. No numbers to show exactly how much though. I'm taking lots of random time off work until all of this stuff is done. Too much to do, too little time.

Tim,
Never met or talked to you before, but your excellent build and travel site is kinda what got me going with this whole RV thing. I'm a student pilot and planning a cross country. Went to the AOPA site to use the tools there and who did I see? Pretty cool to have your family pic on the AOPA website!!!
Dave

Back