What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Permian Basin RV’s

acam37

Well Known Member
I just went to work in Midland and would like to hook up with any RV owners out here. I’m currently on my third build and need to get some good finished product reference photos of a -6A tip up.

I've seen a few parked at KMDD occasionally, never paid attention to who it was, but there are some in the area. I'm about 35 nm to ESE, and fly my 9A into KMDD frequently for work.

Permian Basin Petroleum Museum

Don’t miss the Petroleum Museum in Midland as it has a Chaparral Wing where Jim Hall has all his restored race cars housed including the first moveable wing on a race car, the Chaparral 2E. Legend has it that he got the idea watching the RC airplanes he let use his skid pad at Rattle Snake Raceway on the week ends to fly.
Rattle Snake raceway is also in Midland alongside his original shop. I visited a few months ago and was able to find the track with Google Earth, a bit overgrown but all still there. Can you tell I’m a fan and gearhead. It was the perfect intersection of flying and race cars, my 2 biggest loves.

You do realize Lufkin is considered East Texas and you are only about 500 miles from Midland depending upon how you go?

Just checking, a number of people when they move to TX usually are not familiar with the distances.

Enjoy the Trees!

My residence is in Lufkin but I’m working in Midland. I drive home on my days off which is a 9 hr drive. I’m currently without wings so the commute is quite lengthy.

Back