What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Canopy source

BMallory

Hello- I have been waiting for an RV-8 canopy for a few months now. I ordered clear with UV solar block from a manufacturer in Pennsylvania. I surmised that this was the supplier to the retailers and maybe I could save a few bucks and time going to the source. I just want a "blue print" RV8 canopy. I enjoy night flying so that was the reason for clear but I would be happy with any tint at this point.
Who makes these at the present time? Should I just bite the bullet and call Vans or Aircraft Spruce?
Anyone have an extra collecting dust?
Thanks
Brian

Bought mine from LP Aero a few months ago. Invoiced and paid 10/18/21 and was ready 11/10/21. It was quick turnaround and no issues

Vans supplier, Airplane Plastics is in Tipp City, Ohio (Dayton area). If you wanted one quickly, you could just order from Vans and take a drive to Ohio to pick it up yourself. Saves time and money from shipping all the way to Oregon, and then back to you in GA. You could give them a call to see what the availability would be, but they won’t sell you a canopy directly. You have to deal with Vans for that per their vendor contract. They are good people at AP. They might even do an initial trim on it for you - on the largest band saw I’ve ever seen.

www.airplaneplastics.com

Back