What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV8 test pilot

I have an RV8 in pristine condition with a current annual that I acquired a year ago about the same time I lost my medical. Problem is that I have just gotten my medical back and I have 0(zero)RV time so I am looking for some soul willing to test fly my beautiful piece of aeronautic art and eventually drive me around the pattern in the rear seat.

(I'd love to do it. I have time in a lot of different airplanes, even an hour of left seat touch n goes in an RV-6. But, I have zero hours in -8s. So, I'm not who you're looking for.)

But, somebody in this group might be interested. There are a couple of guys in the group, that live in Western Washington, and have completed and flown off the phase I on their -8s.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/229338934713110

Last edited:
You might want to call Synergy Air in Eugene. They have (had) a very experienced pilot they used for first flights, etc. Sorry, I can’t remember his name.

Mike Seager in Vernonia, OR? He will help you with transition training in RVs, probably an RV-7, with enough hours that you will feel comfortable jumping in your RV-8. That's what I did. Trust me, he is very patient too!

Depending on your location (and budget) I'd suggest Dave Carrick (Windsor, Ontario, Canada) Terry Lutz (Mason, MI) Bruce Bohannon (Houston, TX) Elliott Seguin (Wasabi Flight Test, Mojave, CA) or Vic Syracuse (Base Leg Aviation, Peachtree City, GA).

Last edited:
All I can say is find a Competent transition trainer and get some hours in.
I fly an RV-6A and needed my daughter to get transition training for the insurance reason to fly my plane.
She got transition training (if you want to call it that) from an unnamed
person. What a joke. He wouldn't even land on a grass runway. Not good since my plane lives on grass.
Try to get on Mike Seager's schedule In Vernonia Ore. You will fly off grass first flight.
I think these RV's are great aircraft, But, are not spam cans.
They go up fast and also go down fast. Your brain needs to get on board Now.
Enjoy the ride Art

Back