What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ground Block on Subpanel?

rockitdoc

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I would like to place my ground block on the aft side of the sub panel for access ease. But, should I be concerned about connecting the ground from the battery, which is mounted to the stainless steel firewall, to the ground block on the aluminum sub panel?

Anybody else do this?

Thanks,

Scott

Not flying but....

I dont understand why people put the ground block on the engine side of the firewall, since most of the grounds come from the instruments. But for me....

I bought a fuse block that has a ground block section, so i am using that as my ground terminal. I will run two number 12 wires back to the firewall. I am running two wires so I have a fully redundant ground connection.

Many of my switches Activate the circuit by grounding out a signal wire. Those grounds i plan to do locally at the switch; i see no need for a ground return.

I would like to place my ground block on the aft side of the sub panel for access ease. But, should I be concerned about connecting the ground from the battery, which is mounted to the stainless steel firewall, to the ground block on the aluminum sub panel?

Anybody else do this?

Thanks,

Scott
I did something similar. I bolted a GBX-25A to the back of the instrument panel, double grounded to my forest of tabs. This gets 25 nice ground points on the panel. I've used a bunch of them.

http://www.vx-aviation.com/AXIS.html

GBX-25A.jpg

IMG_4320-1-1024x1024.jpeg

Back