What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Introduction

Todd Copeland

I'm New Here
I wanted to introduce myself here to the group. My name is Todd Copeland, I just bought wing kit #5 from the original buyer and I am looking very much forward to building my RV-14. My dad and I build together, we have completed and are flying a Glastar which now has more than 400 hours on it and we are nearly finished with a Glasair III. I should be doing the first flight in the next two months or so. We decided we wanted to build one more airplane before we stop building and I wanted to go to an RV for all the obvious reasons, especialy the straight forward buildable nature of the Vans kits. I am excited about the RV-14 and its capabilities as well as the room inside. While it won't have the all out performance the Glasair does, it will be a great sport airplane when it's done.

Welcome to VAF Todd, glad to hear you're so excited. I'm one of the gang waiting for the finishing kit to proceed.

If I had started at the introduction of the kit I would be in your shoes. I was concerned initial that they are taking so long for the finishing kit but then I thought about it and realized its Vans, it will be there. After the Glasair III taking five years I am sure I my dad and I could do the Rv 14 in two years if we wanted to hurry but we won't be, we are going to take our time and enjoy the process. I imagine if I were waiting for the finish kit I might be a little uptight about it by now though.

Welcome

Welcome Todd. Sounds like we will be asking you for advise. Enjoy the build and treasure that time with your dad.

Good Morning Mr. Copeland,

If you and your dad need any tools or spare parts (over 1,000 cleco's in the box), just walk 200 feet east and help yourselves. I think you still have our hangar key!

Dave & Kathy C.

Todd,
You might want to check your records. According to my paperwork I have wing kit #5(140005). If we have the same serial number I need to call Van's and see what's up.
-Bruce

welcome

Hi Todd, Jerry Sparks from Arizona. Also built and own a Glastar and building a 14. Hope to meet you in person someday.

Todd,
You might want to check your records. According to my paperwork I have wing kit #5(140005). If we have the same serial number I need to call Van's and see what's up.
-Bruce

I'll check that, I haven't picked up the paperwork or anything yet. The seller is local and while he has been paid, I haven't picked the kit up yet, I'm going on kit number he said in the ad. I'll let you know.

Good to have you here Todd. The RV would be easy for you to build after Glass(t)airs.

Good Morning Mr. Copeland,

If you and your dad need any tools or spare parts (over 1,000 cleco's in the box), just walk 200 feet east and help yourselves. I think you still have our hangar key!

Dave & Kathy C.

Dave! I'm not borrowing clecos, I figured since you are retired now you would be our assistant builder!

Back