VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

-POSTING RULES
-Advertise in here!
- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.


Go Back   VAF Forums > Regional Forums > California
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-16-2012, 12:26 PM
dexkeed dexkeed is offline
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Laguna Niguel, Ca
Posts: 2
Default RV pre-buy needed in SoCal

I need to contact a pre buy inspector for a vans in southern calif. thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-16-2012, 12:43 PM
BobTurner BobTurner is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Livermore, CA
Posts: 7,356
Default

It would be helpfull if you stated which model.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-19-2012, 01:11 PM
dexkeed dexkeed is offline
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Laguna Niguel, Ca
Posts: 2
Default pre-buy inspectors

Can anyone recommend or complete a pre-buy inspection in southern Ca.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-19-2012, 06:13 PM
kevinh's Avatar
kevinh kevinh is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: San Mateo, CA
Posts: 1,419
Default

You might have missed this before, but listing the model might help find someone...
__________________
-kevinh, Track my RV-7A, flying, alas, sold in 2013 after 450ish hours. (I'm now building something different)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-19-2012, 07:11 PM
Bicyclops Bicyclops is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: LA, California
Posts: 366
Default Pre-buys in SoCal

Howdy,

I'm an RV builder/flyer and A&P mechanic in the LA area. With my friend and fellow RV builder/A&P, IA Mike Phillips I've been doing pre-buy and annual inspections on RVs around here for several years. We're familiar with RV construction and have seen a lot of builder errors. We know what kind of things to look for and how to correct problems. We'd be happy to help you out if you've got an RV picked out to buy.

Pax,

Ed Holyoke
RV-6A N79WH flying
RV-6 N86ED engine soon
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-19-2012, 08:14 PM
Omega232Devils's Avatar
Omega232Devils Omega232Devils is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Catawba, NC
Posts: 319
Default Ed & Mike

I recommend Ed & Mike above. They did my pre-buy and was great to work with. Give him a call!

Dan
__________________
--------------------------------------------------------------

Dan Thompson
RV-6A - N426JM - 180hp / C.S. / dual PMags
NC26 - Long Island Airpark, NC
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-19-2012, 08:55 PM
Erik.37m Erik.37m is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rancho Palos Verdes,CA
Posts: 27
Default Other local builders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicyclops View Post
Howdy,

I'm an RV builder/flyer and A&P mechanic in the LA area. With my friend and fellow RV builder/A&P, IA Mike Phillips I've been doing pre-buy and annual inspections on RVs around here for several years. We're familiar with RV construction and have seen a lot of builder errors. We know what kind of things to look for and how to correct problems. We'd be happy to help you out if you've got an RV picked out to buy.

Pax,

Ed Holyoke
RV-6A N79WH flying
RV-6 N86ED engine soon
Hi Ed, I'm in LA too and know few builders here. I'm with Chapter 96 in Compton. Are you a member of a local chapter?
Thanks Erik
airico-wf@sbcglobal.net or ph. 310-329-1305
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-19-2012, 10:30 PM
Bicyclops Bicyclops is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: LA, California
Posts: 366
Default

Thanks for the kind words, Dan. How ya doin"?

Ed
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-19-2012, 10:37 PM
Bicyclops Bicyclops is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: LA, California
Posts: 366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik.37m View Post
Hi Ed, I'm in LA too and know few builders here. I'm with Chapter 96 in Compton. Are you a member of a local chapter?
Thanks Erik
airico-wf@sbcglobal.net or ph. 310-329-1305
Howdy Erik,
Mike and I are based at Whiteman. Chapter 40 has their hangar here, though I'm not a current member. I had to quit going to meetings some years back when they conflicted with my A&P school. I didn't get back into the habit of going. I know some of the regulars including a guy building a 9A in their hangar. I do keep up my EAA and AOPA memberships. What are you guys building down in Compton?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-20-2012, 10:13 AM
Erik.37m Erik.37m is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rancho Palos Verdes,CA
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicyclops View Post
Howdy Erik,
Mike and I are based at Whiteman. Chapter 40 has their hangar here, though I'm not a current member. I had to quit going to meetings some years back when they conflicted with my A&P school. I didn't get back into the habit of going. I know some of the regulars including a guy building a 9A in their hangar. I do keep up my EAA and AOPA memberships. What are you guys building down in Compton?
Hi Ed, Whiteman is know for Homebuilts if I recall. I'm just getting back into homebuilts. I've been away for about ten years. Compton still has there big hanger they rent out small section of to builders. There are even a few project that are still there from long ago. There is a RV-6, looks like a quick build that is being work on. A couple of Velocities, a couple of Long EZ an All wood/ tube and Fabric that looks very cool, and some other planes not sure what they were. Pretty pack in there. My first meeting in a long time was last month and I enjoyed the FAA guest speaker on flying safety in Alaska.
Maybe one of these days I will head up to Ch.40 meetings.
I'll look you up if you don't mine to inspect by future build.
Thanks Erik
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:08 AM.


The VAFForums come to you courtesy Delta Romeo, LLC. By viewing and participating in them you agree to build your plane using standardized methods and practices and to fly it safely and in accordance with the laws governing the country you are located in.