What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Big discounts on Softie parachutes

ronschreck

Well Known Member
In early December I started a poll to gage the level of interest in a group buy of sport parachutes. I have contacted a number of suppliers and am pleased to report that Para-Phernalia, Inc., manufacturer of Softie parachutes is prepared to offer a significant discount to VAF members. This offer is good only until the start of Sun-n-Fun (April 20th). Discounts offered at Sun-n-Fun and Air Venture will be higher than the price offered to VAF members now. Go their web site to view the many options. There is a Softie for every RV out there.

http://www.softieparachutes.com/index.html

Call Para-Phernalia at 800-877-9584, identify yourself as a VAF member and I think you will be very pleased with the prices they will quote you. Hours are 0700-1700 Monday?Thursday, Pacific time. (You will have to be quick to beat me to the deal. I ordered my Softie yesterday!)

I should add that I have no connection with Para-Phernalia, Inc. other than an interest in getting as many RV pilots into aerobatics as possible at the least expense.

I should also add that I will be teaching an aerobatic ground school for RV pilots at the NC Formation Clinic, June 26-28. (Sign-ups for the clinic will be announced in mid-April.)

Softie

Thanks Smokey!

What's the concensus in your group on the best style chute for use in the RV-6?

"Discounts offered at Sun-n-Fun and Air Venture will be higher than the price offered to VAF members now."

Is this a typo? Thanks

Reminder...

Para-Phernalia will be closed on Friday. I understand that the phone was pretty busy yesterday. Call them today to get closer to the head of the line.

depends on your seat cushons

Before calling, recommend measuring your seat cushions in your bird. Most if not all of you will be removing the back (and possibly bottom) seat cushions when wearing the rig. Recommend getting the chute that best meets the dimensions of your cushions.

Back