What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Crow Harness - What size spacing for crotch strap kit?

danielhv

Well Known Member
Im in the process of installing the crotch strap kit and plan on using the Crow harnesses... IIRC, the harness from Vans calls for an 1/8" spacing, the Hookers need a much larger spacing...

What spacing do I need to use if I'm going to go with the Crow harnesses?

I searched around, but all the threads I found were old, and alot of talk about Crow still being new to the RV game, curious if things have changed / become more standardized...

Same info from me: I originally had Van's belts in my RV-7A, last year upgraded to Crows. No changes were needed to any of the original Van's attach points including the crotch bracket.

Having said that, the diameter of the holes in the Crows ARE different from the Van's hardware. To use the Crows in my stock Van's attach points I had to use bushings to bring the holes down to Van's bolt sizes.

Longer tangs

Hi Daniel,

If you can, order them with longer attach tangs. Otherwise you'll have to grind the attach points at the seats a bit to keep the webbing from rubbing.

Back