What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

F-716 Seat Ribs...

danielhv

Well Known Member
So I got a little carried away and opened up all of my seat ribs... The directions specify to open up a few to allow the control arm room to move... is this going to be an issue? See pic:

IMG_3484.jpg

Wait Guys, Yes the mod for removable sections on the center 4 ribs is well documented. I think what we are talking about here is the outer 4 ribs. The "material" has been removed on these as well which is not something that will be of benefit later.

I can't say whether this is structural or not, can anyone talk to the outer two on each side?

Thx

Looks like all of the seat ribs have been opened up to me... and Yes the mod for removable sections on the center 4 ribs is well documented.

Lenzcrafters............................:) ...............Reiley, good eye!

Last edited:
Yup... if you read the first post, Daniel even admits to opening ALL of the ribs, I think some are looking at the "rib mod" to the four inboards... that's not what he is talking about. :) If you look at the stamped area, you'll see the ribs have been trimmed back in this area.

Last edited:
Yup... if you read the first post, Daniel even admits to opening ALL of the ribs, I think some are looking at the "rib mod" to the four inboards... that's not what he is talking about. :) If you look at the stamped area, you'll see the ribs have been trimmed back in this area.

My apologies, you are correct. I should have been a little more specific. I'm referring to the lightening holes in the ribs. The plans call for opening up some of them for the control arm movements... I opened all of the ribs like the attached pics (hope you don't mind me borrowing these Brad!):

071018_003.jpg

071018_004.jpg

071018_005.jpg

You are probably right. I sent Vans an email to see what they say about it. I will update the thread with their response incase someone ever makes this same mistake. :(

Response from Vans:

Daniel,

It's never been tested to see what the effect would be. My guess it's not an issue, but we have no data to confirm this.

Thanks,

Joe

Still confused here. I guess I will replace the ribs anyway and chock this up to a $68 (+ shipping) mistake. :(

Back