What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rear shoulder harness anchor

RVG8tor

Well Known Member
I still need to rivet in these anchors and I am concerned that due to the curve of the skin and a flat flush rivet set I am going to get distortion in the skin. I did a search and nothing was found so I am guessing this is a no brainier.

I was also considering back riveting these using the big flat mushroom bucking bar from Avery, I did most of the longeron rivet by back riveting but not the curved parts.

So did most of you use a swivel head flush rivet set? If you used the mushroom bar from Avery to back rivet how did that work.

Thanks for the help

Swivel head

.... and a flat flush rivet set I am going to get distortion in the skin.

I used the same setup as the rest of the aft skin. You will get some distortion in that you are mating a hard flat piece to the curved aluminum. That comes with the territory as it were.

Swivel it is

Thanks for the inputs, I guess I was concerned where I did not need to be. I did put a good radius on the outside edges of the anchors hoping the skin would roll over the edge more smoothly, time will tell.

Thanks again for the inputs

Back