What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Name the instrument Quiz

MeGiron

OK,

Trying to figure this piece of avionics/instrumentation out. Anyone know what this is? Sits to the right of a standard six-pack in the configuration this picture was taken from. Thanks in advance for the help and insight!

instrument.jpg

Well, your picture is small and fuzzy, but it looks to me like a fuel flow monitor built by a company in California that later went out of business. Gene Plazak of DMA took it over and the one in my panel has been working great for quite a number of years.
If that's not what it is, next in line can guess.

Looks like...

a CHT EGT instrument from EI. I can't read any of the lettering / nomenclature. Can you tell us what lettering is on the instrument face??

Fuzzy

Sorry 'bout the fuzzy image. It was the best I had. Figured you all would be able to sleuth this mystery for me.

Looking at buying a -6 in the very near future (month or two) and saw this in one of the pics.

Thanks for the quick response. I absolutely love this forum and its combined brain-trust. Can't wait to be an owner. Some day when my boys grow older, I'll become a builder, but I've got to play dad in the mean time, or until one of them says, "Dad, let's build an airplane."

-Mark

Back