What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Where to go now?

togaflyer

Well Known Member
Currently up in N/E Georgia. Been to Robins AF museum. Breakfast and lunches at Gwinnett Co and Downtown Greenville. Landed at a lot of bare minimum airports. Any other interesting places in this region to head to for a flight.

Georgia

Maule factory in Moultrie
8th AF museum in Savannah
Jekyll island homes of the early wealthy industrialists like duPonts,Rockefeller’s,etc nice tours. Sea turtle center
St Simons island shops and lighthouse
Dahlonega site of first us gold rush and fun town
Columbus opera house
Waycross Okefenokee swamp
Savannah Squares and tours

Etc

A bit further north in the OuterBanks there is Ocracoke Island with a very nice beach and Howard's Pub and of course Kitty Hawk First Flight airport KFFA.

Thanks. Many of these places will be on the post covid trip plans once the country opens up. Any breakfast/lunch places other than the two I mentioned. I fly out of 9A0 (Dahlonega Ga).

I noticed Aircraft Spruce is next to Atlanta Falcon (FFC). Is it accessible and within walking distance from the ramp? They have an Osh sale this week.

I noticed Aircraft Spruce is next to Atlanta Falcon (FFC). Is it accessible and within walking distance from the ramp? They have an Osh sale this week.

It would be a long walk. You just call them, (or the FBO will do it). They come pick you up in say---10 minutes. Bring you back too.

Oh--And here's one more I hadn't thought of. Been meaning to do this myself for about a year now::rolleyes:

Carolinas Aviation Museum at CLT, (Charlotte, NC) Capt Sully's A 320 is there.
phone is 704 339 8482

Carolina Museum

Pretty sure the Carolina Aviation Museum is "between homes"...i.e. they lost the lease on their hangar and everything has been moved into storage...
CLOSED.

https://www.airnav.com/airport/GA2/

GA2. Peach state aerodome is a nice grass strip with a good restaurant.

Back