What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Beaver State IAC Aerobatic Competition

SHIPCHIEF

Well Known Member
Two RV-4s did compete in the Pendleton Oregon IAC Chapter 77 competition this last week end.
Dennis Parks and Louise Imbert both flew in Sportsman Category against Extras and S2 Pitts'. Dennis placed 3rd. I was a corner judge, and they looked fine to me.
In my humble opinion, they 'present' better than a Decathlon, none of which came this year. White paint is hard to see. Louise's red and orange cruciform paint scheme was very visible from the ground.
Friday was started & ended early due to wind, obscuring dust and forest fire smoke, but Saturday made up for it, and the program was completed.
My son Peter, and his friend Sean VanHatten moved up to Intermediate this year, and place well in the Pitts S1.
http://www.iac77.eaachapter.org/
I'm taking lessons from Will Allen (Rock & Roll Airshow Guy) in a Decathlon and practicing in Marilyn's RV-4. I hope to participate soon!

Last edited:
Great to hear

Keep up the good work. RV's can complete well in the Sportsman category with good training and practice. We in IAC would like to see more RVs out there!

Ditto on the congratulations RVers

I think we're see more RVs compete this year in IAC contest than any years in the past. And there are more than a dozen contests left this year. I received a nice e-mail from Louis Imbert on this his first contest, and he reported that he had FUN. Dennis Parks takes third and it's only his second contest. RVs are always welcomed at these events whether they intend on competing or just enjoying the free air show.
Cheers,
Bill McLean
RV-4 slider
lower Alabama

Back