What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oshkosh RV Social 2014

Well, it is the moring after and I do remember most of the get tohether........met lots of wonderfol folks, talked lots of airplane talk, even seem to vaguely remember getting a kiss from the beer fairy??? She needs a shave...........

Great time, thanks to Dan, Jenny, Stein, Rhonda, Darwin, and all who made this happen.

Writing this with a bit of a hang over

Great time, great conversation, great friends.

My wife's first introduction to the RV fraternity, thanks for making here feel so welcome.

Thanks to all of the sponsors and especially to Dan for coordinating this annual event. First time for me to attend, had a great time and met some real nice folks who gave me the shot in the arm I needed to pick up the pace on completing my project. I have come to know the Spotted Cow.

I'm noticing a distinct LACK of photos from this year's social.

This seems to indicate either a rather poor time by attendees or rather too good of a time by attendees :cool:

I'm noticing a distinct LACK of photos from this year's social.

This seems to indicate either a rather poor time by attendees or rather too good of a time by attendees :cool:

No photos means no actual proof of the debauchery that occurred! Everything is rumors!

Had a great time! Recovering along with everyone else.

Jenny really needs to learn how to dance once she gets up on a table.

Great to connect faces with the poster's names. Good times! We are a passionate bunch of aviators!

I hope there were no pictures! :eek:

Carl

Don't have pictures of the social, just after.....

After shutting down the social... That still had beer left!, a group of us went on over to SOS since we had not eaten dinner yet. We then proceeded to close down SOS.

We tried to "borrow" the SOS balloon, but ended up just commemorating it with a picture.
IMG_4732.JPG

We then found out that all of the gates (or at least all of the gates near HBC and N40) are closed by 12:30 am.
IMG_4733.JPG

A good time was had by all both at the RV Social & Oschkosh.

Thanks Dan for putting it on.

Bill

My wife and I loved seeing the old and new faces. Thanks to all the sponsors! Thanks to Dan, and even though I refrained, thanks to the Beer Fairy for bringing this group together again!

Noooooo, there aren't ...

Well, maybe just a few...

We go to put faces with the names, right? Well, this smiling person is Shanna Linton, who runs the Van's Specialty Program at NationAir. Please note that as seen is this photo, she is working very hard:

qoj8fn.jpg

http://lightaircraft.nationair.com/insurance-services/specialty-programs/vans-aircraft-insurance/

Mike was not actually kissed by the Beer Fairy. The Beer Fairy never saw him. If she had, she would have taken him home, as Mike is definitely her kind of guy. Just as well, as Mike has his Laura, and who would want an old, drunken fairy to come between these two?

28kr1ug.jpg

Another Fun Couple....the Keens:

2hphlb6.jpg

The Social attracts all The Great and High Muck-a-Mucks...such as everybody's buddy James.

xcu1sm.jpg

Allen Barrett and and some goofy SOB:

9rq9up.jpg

Darwin is having a good time. Notice he is getting a little tongue. We're not going there. This is a family website.

2hdr9cx.jpg

Ok folks, that's all...please move along ;)

Last edited:
Yep, A good time was had at the Social - - as has been said, it was really good to put some faces with the names, and meet some new ones, but sadly it was hard to meet everyone. It will have to be attended until acquainted with all. :D

Thanks to NationAir, Stein and the other sponsors I wish I could remember.

And, and Thanks to DanH for stirring up this whole thing. I want to see him ride in on a Riddley next year! :eek:

Last edited:
Just a reminder.

Please thank your sponsors...perhaps a short note to your favorite contact? Your mother would insist on it.

Kitplanes, Barrett Precision, JD Air, Perry Hill Auto, GRT, TruTrak, Delta Pop Aviation, EXP Aircraft Services, and SteinAir

Thanks Scroll. Looking forward to seeing you 7A here next year.

Nice to see see all the RV crowd here, really cool to see all the international RV builders joining us at the social.

No photos means no actual proof of the debauchery that occurred! Everything is rumors!

Had a great time! Recovering along with everyone else.

Jenny really needs to learn how to dance once she gets up on a table.

What happens at Oshkosh, STAYS at Oshkosh :D:D

can't get the link to work, any ideas? :eek:

Bugsy, got it to open but only see one pic...are there more? Would love to see the rest and live vicariously through the pics...since I missed OSH...and the RV Bash...again (been playing hard though! :))

Glad everyone had a great time...pics above are great too! Safe travels home to those still traveling!

Cheers,
Bob

Back