What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Major problem with my project schedule...

airguy

Unrepentant fanboy
Sponsor
Yesterday I had something happen that is going to severely impact my project completion date, but it's gonna be SO worth it!!

_DSC6106_zps64afad3a.jpg

_DSC6161_zps9e030ac0.jpg

Last edited:
Holy smokes Greg, that is great news! Congratulations. You will never be the same again!! Now get that plane done!

I think we can understand taking a couple of days off but now you really need to get it done!

Congrats.

Congrats!!!

Yes, he will affect the project completion date. Envision...late night feedings, changing diapers, crawling all over the place, putting socket covers in your dedicated 20 amp outlet so he can't jam a screwdriver in there, moving chairs from the dining room table so he can climb up on top of the fridge, Kool-aid stains on the couch, discovering that he actually can pee off the top of the stairs, putting huge scratches in your brand new suburban as he cruises by on his razor, putting your airplane money into his 529 plan, telling him to quit throwing baseballs against the garage door...and so on.
BUT, I will tell you what...it is all so worth it when they come up to you with open arms and say...I love you daddy.
There is nothing more challenging or rewarding then raising children. Congratulations Greg. You WILL love every minute of it. The plane will get done when it gets done.

Congratualtions

Greg, We have a three month old and a 2.5 year old. While I wont say its a walk in the park with a new born, I will say it can be done... that is finishing the airplane. I had just received the slow build wing kit when our first was born. We are now at the 90 - 90 stage and pushing hard. Congratulations and get some sleep NOW!!!

20140430-074132.jpg

20140325-144416.jpg

Congrats Mom and Dad!

Greg,
Just give the kiddo a few years, then put a bucking bar in his hand and send him back into the fuse. :D

What wonderful gifts God gives us. Our most heartfelt congratulations go out to you. The project can wait...then keep pounding! :cool:

Congrats!

Prepare for a slowdown. I started my slow build 10 in 2011, and my wife was preggo at the time. My daughter is now almost 2 1/2 and we are expecting our second (and last) child on July 4th. Building time is hard to come by whilst keeping the family happy, but it can be done. You're much farther along than I am, so that's a plus. Nice pic!

I was hoping you would finish before me so I could learn from your inspection and test flying but I kinda gotta feeling I'll be creeping up on ya now!...Seriously, congratulations on the arrival of that fine looking young man! Enjoy him because he will be grown before you know it!

Congrats on the little one, like others have said it can be done! I've really enjoyed the building process with the kiddoss

My oldest helping with the Fuse.
1E8D8085-3F33-4228-A521-A82CC9532ED1-3682-000001A93D3D6A9C_zpsa111d1ee.jpg

Getting ready for her first ride with her "middle" sister!
A6DCE65E-4470-465D-BB1B-37D7C40ADAAD_zpsynrs25c4.jpg

My youngest helping put inspection plates on under the wings.
F25A3FCA-31F7-446F-9B9C-060C323D7D78-13845-000007AADFA5392C_zpsb4d4a046.jpg

My youngest's first ride!
358217DA-494E-4717-AD21-6DAD56CA6A73_zpsnr2ovzrx.jpg

Great picture!

Congratulations Greg!

Now you have to hurry and finish the 9A so you can start on the 10.

Greg, that's AWESOME news! CONGRATULATIONS!!

Your life will never be the same. In a very good way. :)

Talk about a million dollar photo, this is it!
Congratulations.

Well, it wasn't quite that bad - but after 4 rounds of in-vitro and then the hospital bills for the birth, it's about 80 grand. I wouldn't take a million for the result, though!

Well, it wasn't quite that bad - but after 4 rounds of in-vitro and then the hospital bills for the birth, it's about 80 grand. I wouldn't take a million for the result, though!

Your expressions says it all. Priceless!

Una vita di buona fortuna per la tua famiglia!!
(A lifetime of good fortune to your family!)

Antonio

Congratulations Greg! My second son was born two days ago. I'll see if I can get a photo in when I get a chance. haven't done work on a plane for a couple years, but maybe if I keep reading vaf I'll plan some time to work on it...

Contratulations Greg. Many of us have been there - done that. Kids can also be a great source of frustration and entertainment in your build and it's fun watching the plane grow with them.

Make sure you turn your compressor off when you're babysitting in the shop. Don't ask me how I know.... :eek:

We picked up my kit a couple of months before the first was born, and we've added a second since then. The elder of the two now actively asks to go to The Mancave to help work on the plane. Things like bringing a random spanner or putting clecos in the prop bushings but it's a great source of pride to see him learn and grow.

Babysitting while building, method 1.
7384658822_95bfefc692_z.jpg

Method 2.
7384677076_17f0c73ae7_z.jpg

Back