What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-3: Junior Models His Wings for the Neighbors!

Ironflight

VAF Moderator / Line Boy
Mentor
How can a kid refrain from showing off for the neighborhood when he gets a chance? We had to push him out of the ?nest? to make room for a party the other night, so this was the first time our little -3 has had to go outside with all of his parts attached. Believe me - as I saw it up next to the RV-8 for the first time, the word ?model? was definitely going through my mind. This really does look small!

IMG_6116.JPG

IMG_6118.JPG

Wheel pants, gear leg fairings, and a bunch of details left to go....

Paul

So are we looking at a yellow paint scheme to match the spinner? I was down in your neck of the woods last week for interviews at a few oil companies. I was hoping to check out your 3 but the timing just didnt work out. My wife and I did run into Kevin Neiss, her freshman year EE ta, as well a few of his NASA buddies.

Don't bet on it!

Neither Paul nor I are fans on yellow. The yellow spinner came with the slightly used prop.

Sorry to miss you. I was a very busy, mostly non-building weekend for us.

Btw, the mosquitos really aren't that terrible very often. I'm a little surprised that you can even see Junior through the cloud of Mosquitos swarming last weekend!

mosquitos, and yellow airplanes

I'm a little surprised that you can even see Junior through the cloud of Mosquitos swarming last weekend!

So that explains why the sky is so grey.

It is amazing how yellow airplanes disappear against the horizon. I think it is the second-worst color for an airplane, after sky blue.

JMHO

Btw, the mosquitos really aren't that terrible very often. I'm a little surprised that you can even see Junior through the cloud of Mosquitos swarming last weekend!

Geez Louise, that's unbelievable. I'd a thought the drought would've killed 'em.

These are what they call "Floodwater mosquitoes" - they say that the eggs can remain dormant for up to two years, and as soon as water hits 'em...Bam! Instant swarm!

Instant mosquitoes...just add water....:eek:

Like Louise said about the spinner....the fact that the cowl is pink shouldn't tell you anything either....;)

Back