What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Time Flies-First Passenger

Pmerems

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Today was a wonderful moment in my life, my first passenger in my RV-7A. What makes this so special is that my first passenger was my daughter Katie. She was the only "passenger" ever to sit my my RV-4 (had to sell it to feed the family when it was finished, I never flew it). 25 years later almost to the day the 1986 photo was taken, we flew together, a moment I will always cherish.

Time sure flies. I getting old..........................

KLM_PAM_baby_RV4.jpg

Katie and Me in 1986 (less then a year old)

KLM-in-N47PM_2.jpg

Katie 10/2/11

KLM--PAM-N47pm_3.jpg

10/2/11

This is the best story I have heard in a long time. See, you can make it happen. Very inspiring.

Thanks for sharing a nice story Paul, do you know whatever happened to the -4?

Paul Danclovic
Jamestown NC
RV-8A N181SB

I wish I had pictures of my first flight with my daughter. She was maybe 5 years old. Yesterday my wife and I were cleaning out a cabinet and found a youth headset that I purchased on that flight.

I had borrowed the headset from the FBO on that flight. After a fun and successful flight we were approaching the pattern at Grand Prairie and the air over the lake was really bumpy. My daughter threw up all over the back seat of N212BS. She also got the mic on the headset. I simply went into the FBO and paid for it...then got towels and cleaner. I had thought about selling that headset, but the story is too important to me.

Now that 5-year old is 15. This summer after the Women in Aviation camp at Oshkosh, my daughter told me she wanted to learn to fly.

Nice story Paul. This weekend my daughter was home from college and I was installing the harnesses in the plane. I put the passenger seat in and had her sit in the plane so we can adjust the belts to fit her. She was in middle school when I started building.

The plan is for her to get her PPL in it at some point.

That's great Paul! I have a 6 month old so I need to get to building!! Thanks for the photos. I dig the 80's shirt. Think I have a new one just like it...

Back