What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Closing Bottom Wing Skin

jamcgee1978

Morning folks,

So i have installed the following :

Left Wing:
1. Wiring for flyleds via conduit with extra wire and string for future upgrades.
2. Installed heated pitot and wired back via conduit to wing root
3. Installed aileron trim and wired

Right Wing:
1. Dynon roll autopilot installed
2. Wiring installed out to the tips for lights with extra 22awg and string

Is there anything else to consider before i close up,

Thanks
James

Marker beacon coax cable to wingtip if that is planned.
Coax cables to wingtips if Archer VOR antennas installed in wingtips.

Thanks for the response,

Stall Warner taken care of with AOA on the dynon , but hadn’t considered the oat probe and nav antenna. Over here most vors are being decommissioned but always good to have as backup if abroad possibly.

You didn't mention, but I assume you have run the pitot and AOA tubing to the pitot probe.

If you've done all that, I would have a Belhaven at Lido or Scott's and relax :D

You didn't mention, but I assume you have run the pitot and AOA tubing to the pitot probe.

If you've done all that, I would have a Belhaven at Lido or Scott's and relax :D

Haha Krea ! Visited the distillery this summer whilst camping at Berwick . Yup both lines run to the probe. Decided to plumb the OAT In the fuse at the back under the fairing as others have done , less for me to damage during cleaning I guess.

Currently having a coffee in Prestwick and I like the idea of a beer at Lido later .:D

............. Decided to plumb the OAT In the fuse at the back under the fairing as others have done , less for me to damage during cleaning I guess........

I've seen posts where builders have moved the OAT probe out of the exhaust stream because they were getting erroneous readings. Something to consider.....

Marker beacon coax cable to wingtip if that is planned.
Coax cables to wingtips if Archer VOR antennas installed in wingtips.

No need to plan for a MB antenna. Not required in the US as far as I know. OM is usually the glide slope intercept point at the final approach altitude, and the MM is not required. At least that’s the way I understand it. I’m no longer an IFR pilot, so not an issue for me any more, but why install something you don’t need.

Oops, I see you’re from the UK, so maybe different rules…..

Thanks for the response,

Stall Warner taken care of with AOA on the dynon , but hadn’t considered the oat probe and nav antenna. Over here most vors are being decommissioned but always good to have as backup if abroad possibly.

VORs are still around in the states, but many are being decommissioned. That said, there are still a lot of ILS approaches around. (If you are strictly VFR I'd be more inclined to skip the antenna/VOR/ILS).
I agree with the AOA on the Dynon, except that it won't work until it has been calibrated in flight. Conventional stall warning wlll work on the first takeoff.

Back