What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N748PK first flight

DrillBit

Well Known Member
Yup, it finally happened:

FP14072019A0002X.jpg

The photographic evidence isn't the highest quality, I'm afraid. Couldn't find a good observer/photographer to ride w/chase, and chase--wisely--maintained loose formation throughout, especially while snapping an iPhone pic.

(He thought it was a great shot of his RV-7A's wingtip, though. :D)

Gory details, including the Apollo 11 flight computer moment in an otherwise no-surprise flight, may be found here.

Happy Phase 1

Most excellent Kurt congratulations! Get her to the paint shop asap before it's too late. Let the real fun begin :)

Most excellent Kurt congratulations! Get her to the paint shop asap before it's too late. Let the real fun begin :)

I dunno, Vlad. The secret to having as much fun as you with 666BK isn't letting her fly naked? :eek::D

Another one blasts off from Livermore! Congratulations. Lots of builders here it seems.

Congrats! When you're done with phase 1 and wander out to KHAF, let me know! I should have my -7 build in a hangar by then. Excellent work!

Nicely done

Congrats Kurt! You should cherish the first flight day for a long long time! Gottaloveit!

Last edited:
Very cool. I'll have to add you to my list... once mine is flying, I intend to go back to the West Coast for a visit. Livermore is on my radar... maybe we could get together and have lunch or dinner with Matt Dralle...

Back