What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New RV-6 owner in Northern Illinois

JonGruber85

Just wanted to test out my ability to post and also introduce myself. Picked up a "finished" (are we ever REALLY finished) rv-6. Very excited to become a part of thus group and I'll see everyone in the sky. Aircraft is based out of KDPA.

Jon,
Welcome from another RV-6 owner. This is an international forum. May I suggest that you include your state to your location info. This post shows you in Illinois, but future posts may have our friends in Australia and Switzerland scratching their heads when the header reads only "Location: NORTH AURORA".

Cheers, David
RV-6A KBTF

Welcome to a wonderful journey

Just wanted to test out my ability to post and also introduce myself. Picked up a "finished" (are we ever REALLY finished) rv-6. Very excited to become a part of thus group and I'll see everyone in the sky. Aircraft is based out of KDPA.

I believe I met you in Lone Rock on Sunday. Glad to hear you got your 6 home. See you at the fly-ins this spring.

Welcome Jon! Lot's of RV'ers in the Chicago area. I'm based out of KUGN. Hope to meet up some time.

RV 6

Hi Jon,
If you ever find yourself with nothing to do on a Tuesday evening fly down to C09, we have a social get together we call tail dragger Tuesday {shamlessly borrowed idea from another airport}. We are of course weather dependent, but on a nice evening in the summer we host a pretty big crowd.

Hi Jon,
If you ever find yourself with nothing to do on a Tuesday evening fly down to C09, we have a social get together we call tail dragger Tuesday {shamlessly borrowed idea from another airport}. We are of course weather dependent, but on a nice evening in the summer we host a pretty big crowd.

Perfect! I will do my best to make some of these. 👍

Back