What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Years flight

PilotBrent

Well Known Member
For first 10 years after getting my private I averaged about 20 flight hours per year. After finishing my RV12 and flying it for the first time two years ago I flew 99 hours in 2014 and over 100 hours in 2015. There is something wonderful about owning your own aircraft. :)

https://youtu.be/EyJw50j8xhQ

nice video

thanks for sharing the nice video. It's been an amazing winter in Canada as well and we are making the best of it.

Greeat video!

Brent,

Very nice video. May I ask what camera you were using, and you mounted it on the outside?

All the best

Geoff

Nice video. Your long, lost cousin and I along with the Fabulous Bishoff Boys were listening for you on Sat. and Sun.. Did you make it to Barnes?

Yes, made it to Barnes

Nice video. Your long, lost cousin and I along with the Fabulous Bishoff Boys were listening for you on Sat. and Sun.. Did you make it to Barnes?

Hello Dave, in fact a lot of aircraft made it in for fly-in like event on Sat at KBAF. Ramp must have had two dozen planes - we packed the restaurant. Flew on top most of the way (both ways) to get into smoother air. Managed to get about 5 hours on 3BC over the first two days of 2016 so its shaping up for a great year!

BTW, we were using 122.75 for air to air as much as possible. Read a recent article in KitPlanes about various frequencies and 123.45 is apparently used by avionics stations for testing so its use by the rest of us is "discouraged". (evidently some air show performers were even cited for using it in California in the past so that was enough to get my attention)

Speak to you soon, Brent.

Brent,

Very nice video. May I ask what camera you were using, and you mounted it on the outside?

All the best

Geoff

Thanks Geoff. Use a GoPro (Silver) with remote control. I mount to the tail tie down with an aluminum screw mount. Picture below is of a similar one. Ordered it online a while back - should be easy to find. Very secure and minimal vibration.
2qn74ly.jpg

Back