What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Upgrading Legacy G3X to G3X Touch with old GSU73 ADHRS

The Wizzard

Well Known Member
Gentlemen, I am upgrading my NON touch G3X to TOUCH G3X. RV-8. I mounted the older GSU 73 on a bracket that is attached to the back of the instrument panel with allowed enough clearance (approx 2inches) to install the G3X screen. Now I need about 3 inches to accommodate the newer TOUCH G3X screens.

As a refresher, I don't recall where I purchased it however someone manufactured a bracket (or should I say shelf) to mount the GSU73 on that was riveted to the backside of the instrument panel. This allowed you to save space and was an easy way to mount the GSU73 on a surface that was level in flight.

Does anybody know of a mount to hold the old bulky GSU73 behind the instrument panel that will fit in an RV8 with the newer G3X touch? Does anybody have any pictures of their installation where they fabricated a bracket to hold the beast?

GSU 73 install photo

GSU 73 mounting bracket on an RV-6A, may give you some ideas. Accessible and removable by removing G3X Touch screen in panel in front of it. Unit is attached to bracket by bolts and platenuts accessible from below and through the screen cut-out.
Bill Brooks
Ottawa, Canada

Attachments

• RV GSU 73.jpg
    RV GSU 73.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Just don't forget the unit has to be removed for maintenance at some point.

Back