What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Brake lines

msmst25

Well Known Member
When I got to Page 26-7, the last instruction states that parts of the brake system can be installed at this time. I'm trying to figure out why I would do that. I started to install the lines (TS flightiness), but there doesn't seem to be any benefit, and I can't actually connect them to the tunnel walls yet because there wouldn't be room to rivet the bottom skin to the tunnel walls if I did that. Is there a reason this step is called out now? Would it make more sense if I was making my own brake lines?

Parking brake

When I got to Page 26-7, the last instruction states that parts of the brake system can be installed at this time. I'm trying to figure out why I would do that. I started to install the lines (TS flightiness), but there doesn't seem to be any benefit, and I can't actually connect them to the tunnel walls yet because there wouldn't be room to rivet the bottom skin to the tunnel walls if I did that. Is there a reason this step is called out now? Would it make more sense if I was making my own brake lines?

Mornin’ Matt,
You may well consider a parking brake while you’re at it. My -10 doesn’t have one and often wished that it did. There are several options.

Regards,

I waited

Matt,
I think 27-6 is likely referring to installing the fluid reservoir and maybe the fittings on the F-6122-1 bracket. I made my own lines from the F-6122-1 to the gear leg mounts and TSF lines everywhere else and I waited until section 36 to do so, however you could make a case toward getting the brake line bends around the firewall recess done while it's more accessible but wait to install them in section 36. I also agree with Pierre and used the Matco PVPV-D parking brake valve kit from Airward. It makes the F-6122-1 bracket obsolete and the parking brake valve uses the same rivet locations.

Back