What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin G5 stability

tomww

I have been told that if the G5 has a GPS outage the ADHARS will slowly topple. I am told that the system is dependant on using the GPS as a reference.

Is there anyone who knows if this is true ot not?

G5 GPS Information

I have been told that if the G5 has a GPS outage the ADHARS will slowly topple. I am told that the system is dependant on using the GPS as a reference.

Is there anyone who knows if this is true ot not?

Good Morning,

The G5 can use air data information to correct for sensor drift in the absence of GPS data, but the highest level of performance and accuracy is only obtained when GPS data is available and used for aiding. That being said, the G5 was proven to meet minimum performance requirements both with and without the use of GPS information in the attitude calculation.

Thanks,

Justin

The G5 can use air data information to correct for sensor drift in the absence of GPS data, but the highest level of performance and accuracy is only obtained when GPS data is available and used for aiding. That being said, the G5 was proven to meet minimum performance requirements both with and without the use of GPS information in the attitude calculation.

Does the "air data" include 3-axis magnetometer? If so, is there one in the unit, or does that require the remote magnetometer?

Good Morning,

Thanks,

Justin

Thanks for the quick reply Justin. That is what I wanted to know.

Back