What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Running coax in a power bundle

SHF

Can I run RG400 coax for my comm antenna in the same wire bundle with heavy consumers such as the power supply for my flaps and fuel pump? Or is this asking for interference problems?

Thanks, Roger.

I think any answer you will get here will be speculation. My rule of thumb in situations like this is: "If I am going to worry about it, then don't do it." Personally, I would worry about it so I would run the RG-400 separately, if only by a couple inches.

Can I run RG400 coax for my comm antenna in the same wire bundle with heavy consumers such as the power supply for my flaps and fuel pump? Or is this asking for interference problems?

Thanks, Roger.

I think ideally every wire is supposed to be 3 feet away from every other wire (or something like that :)). Good luck making it happen in the -8! I ran antenna leads together with strobe power, flaps, etc. Have not noticed any problems in 14 years.

I ran the COAX for comm1 with other wires. When I moved it to be on its own the problems i was having with the radio disappeared.

Back