What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Running wiring and tubing front to back on built RV

MacCool

Well Known Member
In replacing my AFS 4500 with an AFS 5400 on my RV-9A, I now have the ADAHRS in the tailcone instead of under the panel where it was before. I now need to get:

• AOA tubing from mid-fuselage back to the tailcone
  • Pitot tubing from mid-fuselage back to the tailcone
  • ADAHRS harness from tailcone to the panel
  • OAT sensor wiring from ... somewhere...to the ADAHRS

That's a lot of volume to run down the tunnel (bulkhead grommets are full, and not very accessible).

Any ideas on running those things from front to back on a finished RV-9A?

In replacing my AFS 4500 with an AFS 5400 on my RV-9A, I now have the ADAHRS in the tailcone instead of under the panel where it was before. I now need to get:

• AOA tubing from mid-fuselage back to the tailcone
  • Pitot tubing from mid-fuselage back to the tailcone
  • ADAHRS harness from tailcone to the panel
  • OAT sensor wiring from ... somewhere...to the ADAHRS

That's a lot of volume to run down the tunnel (bulkhead grommets are full, and not very accessible).

Any ideas on running those things from front to back on a finished RV-9A?

Have you thought about putting the ADAHRS unit directly behind the baggage bulkhead using the Van’s mounting kit?

Picture: https://www.overthehills.com/Airplanes/Panel-Update-for-Josh/n-FqhrR3/i-n7sgHtd

Van’s kit: https://shop.vansaircraft.com/cgi-b...88-442-276&browse=airframe&product=AHRS-mount

Seems that you’d save yourself some tubing and wire run length by doing so.

OAT sensor is often mounted under the horizontal stab, so that would be the only back to front wiring required.

Have you thought about putting the ADAHRS unit directly behind the baggage bulkhead using the Van’s mounting kit?

Picture:

Van’s kit:

Seems that you’d save yourself some tubing and wire run length by doing so.

OAT sensor is often mounted under the horizontal stab, so that would be the only back to front wiring required.

That's how my ADAHRS is (or will be) mounted, using the Van's 0149 bracket that I've already installed.

The problem I have is getting both the AOA tubing and pitot tubing from the wing root entry point in mid-fuselage back to that ADAHRS on that 0149 bracket behind the baggage bulkhead, and likewise getting the wiring harness from the ADAHRS from the baggage bulkhead to network hub under the panel. Running that stuff front to back is the part that has me stymied.

nn

Attachments

• adahrs mount.png
    adahrs mount.png
    1 MB · Views: 170
Back