Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-12/RV-12iS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2021, 09:57 AM

We notified customers who have received problematic parts last night and will be addressing the issues as soon as possible, of course. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Building RV-8A since Sept 2014
Dual AFS 5600, Avidyne IFD 440, Whirlwind 74RV, Superior XP IO-360
VAF build thread - Flickr photo album - Project Facebook page
Aurora, OR (EAA Chapter 105)

Old 01-20-2021, 12:19 PM

Thank you guys! Great customer service.
White Salmon, WA

2020 Donation Paid
Old 01-25-2021, 04:18 PM

Default Sent parts back to Vans

Quote:
Originally Posted by amekler View Post
Dear RV-12 Builder/Owner,

We recently shipped you a new EX-00044 exhaust system for your RV-12 with a Rotax 912 ULS engine.

Weíre excited for you to get in installed and flying, but unfortunately weíve become aware of manufacturing errors in the exhaust system we sent you, which must be corrected. The issues are:

The EGT probe holes were mis-drilled in the EX-00044C pipe for Cyl #3 and the EX-00044D pipe for Cyl #4
The spring hooks are mis-located on the EX-00044B pipe for Cyl #2 , which causes a fit issue within the cowl

Please return the EX-00044C and EX-00044D pipes to Vanís Aircraft for correction. When you provide a copy of receipt for your return shipping cost Vanís will reimburse you. Or, if you prefer, please confirm your address information and Vanís will email you a return shipping label and instructions.

Please discard the EX-00044B pipe, as you will receive a new part and should not use the one you initially received from us.

What we are going to do: The EX-00044C and EX-00044D will be repaired by Vanís. We will plug weld the wrong hole and redrill in the correct location. A new replacement EX-00044B will be provided. All three pieces will be shipped back to you as soon as possible. All of these actions are being taken at Vanís cost.

We apologize for the inconvenience this causes, and we look forward to hearing from you and getting the issue corrected as soon as possible.

Thank you,

The Vanís Aircraft Team
Vans made this easy so far. I got a return Fedex label after requesting it, and I printed and put it on the box with the two pipes. Cost me nothing but a trip to local Fedex store. I don't know how long it will take to get them reworked and the new pipe returned. I'm sure it's a major pain for them especially with all of the Covid issues.
Builder's log www.gregsplane.com
glongpilot@gmail.com
VAF paid 2021