What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Navaid AP-1 Replacement

M5fly

Well Known Member
I've got the AP-1 in my 6A that seems to have gone bad and the previous owners gave me a new control head and servo in the box to install if I'd like. Is it as simple as unplugging the current one, removing it, installing the new one and plugging it back in?

Yes. Four screws and a plastic connector. It’ll make you feel like a bonafide avionics guru.;):)

Haha, well then shame on me for procrastinating on getting it done for the past 2 months! Sounds like my logbook is gonna get a workout this weekend... new starter, main tires, oil change, and new AP head.

The trio wing leveler should be as close to plug and play as you can get. They will sell you a connector to use your old servo. Change the head, wire up the new connector and you may be done.

The trio wing leveler should be as close to plug and play as you can get. They will sell you a connector to use your old servo. Change the head, wire up the new connector and you may be done.

That’s what I did. Was a seamless transition

Down the road I may do some panel upgrades and go with the Garmin AP but for now putting in the new Navaid AP that I already have is going to be the cheapest and easiest option.

Back