What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon SkyView Simulator

LittleJoeA

Well Known Member
Merry Christmas everyone,

I just received the Avionics kit which I will be installing in the next few months. Is there a simulator that helps you learn how to operate the Dynon SkyView? Are there any flight simulator programs that include an airplane with the Dynon Skyview?

My last flying experience was in the 70's and used steam gages and radios with tubes.

I just joined a local flying club with a Cessna 162 to get current again and plan to get some instruction in an RV-12 just before I finish mine.

Gleim has an online course for Skyview- it is fairly spendy at 99.95 but the value is relative to what you can get our of it. I recently signed up for it and have completed the first couple modules. I found it quite good for me. THe class has some interactive parts actually using the controls on the Skyview. You can go to their site and you can try one module of the class for free to see if it is what you want.

Dynon has a pretty good Skyview simulator which they use to teach classes on Skyview. When I attended one of these classes at Sebring, two years ago, the instructor told me that the simulator was an internal Dynon tool (I suspect they use it also for development and/or testing). You actually could call it an environment simulator as it is made of a software program running on a PC on which the Skyview unit is connected. Would it not be wonderful for a future user who just had his Skyview delivered as part of the avionics kit to be able to play with the Skyview before installing it in the plane? If only Dynon would sell this program to its customers...:cool:

Back