What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GNX-375 Nav Database Update

Looking for some input here… I have updated my GNX a few times, but I have always done it in the hangar with the Garmin card…

Today I forgot to bring the card home with me to do the update and I was wondering if I can update the unit with a standard SD card, and then reinstall the Garmin card after the update, OR is the Garmin card required for the update?

Thanks in advance!

CW

Looking for some input here… I have updated my GNX a few times, but I have always done it in the hangar with the Garmin card…

Today I forgot to bring the card home with me to do the update and I was wondering if I can update the unit with a standard SD card, and then reinstall the Garmin card after the update, OR is the Garmin card required for the update?

Thanks in advance!

CW
It is actually preferred to have a separate SD card for database updates, and another separate SD card for software updates. I fly with a 3rd SD card that I use to capture screen shots. None of these cards are Garmin supplied cards.

The manual says you can use "a SD card in the FAT32 format, with memory capacity between 8 GB and 32 GB".

Steve

I was referring to the Card that came with the 375…. That is the only one that I have ever used for Nav Database updates in the 375. Everything else I have always used a separate SD card for updating the G3X Touch.

I will use one of the clean SD cards that I have for the Nav Database update for the 375 and go from there and then reinstall the Garmin card after that.

Thanks.

CW

SD Card

Yes, you can use a different SD card. I miss placed my Garmin SD, and emailed Garmin, and was told any SD card formatted FAT32 will work, and so I found a spare card, and just did the normal update, and it works.

Good luck.

I was referring to the Card that came with the 375…. That is the only one that I have ever used for Nav Database updates in the 375. Everything else I have always used a separate SD card for updating the G3X Touch.

I will use one of the clean SD cards that I have for the Nav Database update for the 375 and go from there and then reinstall the Garmin card after that.

Thanks.

CW
Perhaps I wasn't clear in my original response.

You need 3 SD cards for your GNX 375. One for database updates, one for software updates, and one to fly with.

Each of these cards should be high quality (e.g. SanDisk) 8 to 32 Gbyte cards formatted for FAT32. I only buy 32 Gbyte at this point.

The SD card which came with the unit can be used for either of those 3 functions.

Steve

Back