What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 Under Seat Brake Line Supports

Blizzard

For those that have used TS Flightline braided teflon brake hoses.....what did you use for grommets in the brackets they pass through. The hoses are almost exactly the diameter as the slots provided for them to go through. (F-1084 Systems Brackets). Does the Teflon coating provide adequate protection as is or has anyone enlarged the openings to accept a grommet that the hose will fit through?

Thanks

I'm still building, and haven't purchased the brake lines yet, but I enlarged the holes in the systems brackets and bought AN931 elastic grommets.

For most of the places where the brakelines pass through bulkheads, there are fittings that screw into the bulkheads. Elsewhere, where I was concerned about rubbing, I wrapped the hoses in a few turns of silicone rescue tape. Pretty easy to check in future inspections for any signs of wear.

Doug, you can slit the snap bushings and use them, or spit a short piece of clear hose and slide it over the hose assembly. I would not expect the clear PVC cover on the hose to offer support, since the 2 halves of the bracket come together and form an edge. If the hose were to move around, that edge could cut through the cover to the stainless braid, and eventually cut through it.

The snap bushings work well, just spit them and pushe them over the hose, then pop the bushin in to the holes.

Tom

I ended up enlarging two of the holes to 5/8. Slicing one side of a SB625-7 works perfect for the fuel lines. Inside diameter is 7/16...same as the fuel line diameter. For the brake lines I ordered a half dozen AN 931-6-10 elastic grommets. They also fit in the 5/8 hole and have a 3/8 inside diameter. Same as the Teflon coated brake lines. Anybody got a good source and part number for a lock for the baggage door that fits out of the box without altering? Or should I just order the ignition/baggage key combo from Vans?

Thanks

I ended up enlarging two of the holes to 5/8. Slicing one side of a SB625-7 works perfect for the fuel lines. Inside diameter is 7/16...same as the fuel line diameter. For the brake lines I ordered a half dozen AN 931-6-10 elastic grommets. They also fit in the 5/8 hole and have a 3/8 inside diameter. Same as the Teflon coated brake lines. Anybody got a good source and part number for a lock for the baggage door that fits out of the box without altering? Or should I just order the ignition/baggage key combo from Vans?

Thanks

The lock is a real standard/common size. I bought one from amazon and it worked fine, though I can't remember if the latch arm came from Van's or with the lock.

Back