What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

IO 360 Sump Oil Filter Gasket

pvalovich

Well Known Member
Does anyone know if there is supposed to be a gasket/O ring placed on the sump oil filter plug?

Doing condition inspection and noticed a very small oil leak in the vicinity of the plug. Removed plug has no gasket/O ring

Does anyone know if there is supposed to be a gasket/O ring placed on the sump oil filter plug?

Doing condition inspection and noticed a very small oil leak in the vicinity of the plug. Removed plug has no gasket/O ring

If you mean the oil screen on the bottom rear right side, yes, there should be a copper gasket.

If you are asking about the plug with a square head, no gasket. It is tapered pipe threads. Most folks replace that with a quick drain.

For the hex head plug that has a washer-like flange on it, yes a copper gasket as already mentioned.

A photo would be good.

part number for oil screen gasket, O-360

This crush washer should be replaced each time the screen is cleaned.

When I was in the process of buying my flying RV-7 I went through it and found the lower rear oil filter screen hadn't ever been cleaned...in 17 years of operation. The original paint was on the exterior, the paint had not been broken around the circumference since manufacture.

I ordered some from Aircraft Spruce, the part number:
AN900-16
MS35769-21 GASKET

Lower Oil Screen gasket is what I've seen it called.

Attachments

• IMG_3534.jpg
    IMG_3534.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 75
Back