What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

6A nose wheel pant attachment brackets

FlyingBanker

Well Known Member
Patron
I remember reading something on here about a new attachment method for the nose gear rear wheel pant that does not require removing the axle blot and wheel to remove the rear pant. I’ve tried searching the forums, but my search skills must not be up to par. Can someone point me to the right information? I have a 2001 6A.

Old style required axle bolt be removed to take off wheel pant.

New style, actually been around a long time, involves different side brackets (U713C-L & R) that have an open slot that allows the bracket slide forward around the axle bolt (which has wide & narrow washers that allows the bracket to slide over without having to loosen wheel bearing preload). The allen bolt (as before) locks the wheel pant in position.

Now, do you know if your pants are the narrower early style, or the later pressure recovery type front pant? If you have the narrower pant, you will have to ask Vans if you can adapt the newer brackets to your old pants.

Last edited:
Old pant is very beat up anyway, so ordering new one of that as well (U-813A-1 and U-813B-1) so those should work with the U-713C brackets, right?

Yes, U813A & B will work with the U713C L & R brackets. Check your old axle bolt is long enough to accept the 6 washers & nut. If not, you might need the slightly longer AN6-60A axle bolt.

I believe the newer style nose wheel pants bracket was documented along with the "shortened" nose wheel fork and the rework of the nose wheel gear leg. This is all documented on Van's web site.

Back