What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tail kit needed - legacy, not IS

Geezeravi8tor

I'm New Here
Stabillator damaged in ground accident and Van's lead time for tail kit four months. Prefer unbuilt kit but quality built OK.

FWIW, I believe the only differences in the current tail kits vs the original, in addition to addressing service bulletin changes, are that the newer versions have an access panel at the forward end of the tailcone and a different connector bracket (dsub 9 vs a mini molex) for the trim motor.

RV-12 tail kit

Great. Is it built, partially built, or un-built? My RV-12 is at Synergy Air in Eugene OR for repairs. They will use built or partially built components if the workmanship meets their quality standards. They'll need pictures to assess the build quality. You can email them to me -- [email protected]

If the kit is un-built, and undamaged, no pictures will be needed.

In either case, I'll need to know your price, including appropriate packaging and shipping to Eugene. How soon that can be done is important to me too.

My cell phone number is (559) 240-6250. Text first, please, as I don't answer calls from numbers I don't recognize. I'm in Sequim WA, btw. Brendan Carmody

Back