What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin Pilot Set up Problems

Bart

Well Known Member
I'm sure I'm the only one struggling with this but I can't get past the pilot and aircraft set up in Garmin Pilot.

I'm sure the aircraft profile is something I'm doing wrong but there is no RV-14 to pre-load so I've hand built it several times with the same red circle with a dash every time.

The pilot profile matched the fly garmin account. Honestly there's only three lines on the pilot profile but its red despite how many variations I have tried. Is there a tutorial or a cheat sheet anyone has developed to get past this point. Without these two set up points GP is nearly worthless for filing.

Garmin doesn't seem to have great competence on the phones at the moment. The last 3 phone calls didn't even have a pilot on the line. The manual has nothing. The plethora of videos start well after set up.

Any insights would be appreciated. If someone wouldn't mind sharing their RV-14A profile for me to attempt to load that'd be appreciated.

Bart:

I’ve been using Pilot for over 3 years - you are welcome to check out my settings on the iPad in person - across the runway. PM me if you don’t have my phone or email (or it’s in the Pecan directory).

I cannot update the performance data on an android device, it tells me to go to the website then the website tells me to go to garmin pilot, lufbery. Anyways, I was told an ipad will allow the update, I haven't tried yet as I wanted to gather some more data before trying to change it.

Back