What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rv Time

Jetmart

Well Known Member
Is there anywhere to get RV time/check out in Tampa area or within 2 hrs of Tampa?
Rv-14 would be ideal but anything would be fine.

David Maib is located on the other side of the state in New Smyrna but will fly to your field (for a charge) and give dual in his RV-10. I was pleased with my experience flying with him and would recommend.

RV-10 Transition Training
DAM Aero LLC -
David Maib N380DM
612-202-6309
[email protected]

Jan Bussell did my transition training in his 6A. He?s a couple hours from Tampa near okeechobee.

Rv6flyjan.com

Chris

Glen,
You should understand that here in the States amateur built aircraft cannot be used ?...for compensation or hire...? You won?t find any for rent at an FBO. The FAA will issue a waiver of this rule to an owner, but only for the purpose of transition training. Since you?ve just started building it seems a little too early for that.
Last time I spoke with David M, he was no longer doing transition training, due to the cost of insurance. But interested people should contact him directly.
Bob

Another recommendation for Jan Bussell. He had me well-prepared for flying the -8A, does a very good job.

Rv12 being lsa I believe can be rented out, several flights
schools are using them just an option.

Back