What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GNS530W-AFS 5600-TruTrak Gemini Combination

logansc

Well Known Member
Anyone else have this combination? I had it working in my Rocket before but now for some reason the Gemini no longer reacts to GPSS signals from either nav source.

I also have problems with the Gemini overreacting while in TRK mode. It's been back to TruTrak twice now and had both boards replaced. But, I still can't get it to couple to either the 530 or 5600. If I have a direct-to flight plan in either system, the Gemini flies right across the magenta line without reacting or (more often than not), it will simply start a left turn and keep going. Then, after about a 30-45 degree turn, it will start to hobby-horse in pitch until I've had enough and disengage it.

I've tried every suite of settings on all three systems I can find in the literature (and plenty that I just made up!) and nothing seems to work. I sent the 530 back to Garmin too and it came back with a new Comm board, new GPS board, and new system software. Still no joy.

If anyone is operating with this set-up, I would really appreciate the benefit of your knowledge and experience with settings AND set-up. My goal is to be able to shoot clean, smooth GPS/LPV approaches with it again as I did before. I know this is a bit of a hodgepodge suite of avionics but it's come as a result of 3-4 upgrades to my panel. I'm hoping I don't have to start all over again!

Thanks for any help anyone can provide...

Lee...

Call me from the plane and we can figure it out.

Rob Hickman
Advanced Flight Systems
(503) 263-0037 ext 2011

Back