What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

On a lighter side.

Look on the bright side

If you were in the construction business it would be 1'-0 too short. We always burn a foot.

It looks like the bellcrank is about 2:1, so you could trim a couple of inches from the F-1091 pushrod and be Ok. The bellcrank wouldn't be vertical in neutral position and you might lose a little 'up' travel but that's fine. ;)

Doh! I did a similar thing - I cut the 8' pushrod tube instead of the 6'. That was a nice $50 shipping cost to get a new 8' tube :eek:

You know how it happens. I use a tape measure for the long stuff and usually clamp it at the one inch mark to get rid of the error in the end hook and slide rivets. Then you forget to add the inch on the other end. Argggh.
Pound the PVC inside so its stiffer....
That sounds kind of gross.

Easy, just buy a pushrod stretcher to pull it back to the correct length. They're sold right next to the bracket stretchers and LH crescent wrenches.
Good luck. Glad I could help....:p

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can offer a empennage longeron length 89' instead of 98' in case someone goes for the short tail-10.

Nicely done! I think it's Vans secret money maker. They could cut tubes and stringers and stuff to length, but I think they just like to sell them to us when we screw up. I can almost hear them laughing in the background on the phone.

Back