What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for a Good FBO in the St. Louis, MO Area (pref KSUS)

Well Known Member
I'll be visiting St. Louis in the coming week, and not having flown there before, I'm looking for recommendations for a good place to park for a couple of nights. Looks like KSUS is closest to my destination, there are three FBOs listed by AOPA there: Aero Jet Charter, Million Air, and TAC Air.

Can anyone offer their experiences with them, and recommend one that is good for single engine piston aircraft, and preferably knows how (or how not to) treat a Mooney on the ground? Looking at the fuel prices, Aero Jet Charter comes in way lower for 100LL than Million Air and TAC Air, which is usually an indication of who wants the piston single business. Any experiences with them?

Last edited:
I'm responding to this because several years ago I landed there and told the Ground Controller to send me to any FBO with avgas. So he gave me three options and I choose Million Air but after that people were piping up on the radio saying TAC. I stuck with Million Air and I was fine with that but I wondered why so many felt the need to pipe up for TAC..... the strange things I remember.

I used Aero Charter last time I was in KSUS and was pleased (chosen for 'least amount of fees' and a good fuel price, at least from what I could tell). Everything for my 2 night stay was fair and they provided good service. I would go right back.

Last edited:
Creve Coeur Airport (1H0) is only 6 nm east of KSUS with small airport feel and typically cheaper gas. Antique airplane museum on field and lots of interesting airplanes in all the hangars. You can get a rental car delivered there, done all the time.

Last edited:
Pre-RV I flew a club airplane based at SUS. Started with Aero Charter who treated us fine, but the club switched to MillionAir because they offered us a discount. Beautiful facility at MillionAir.

If I were flying in, I'd meet Phil at 1H0, but I don't need any fanciness.

Back