What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Phil's good idea...

RBD

Well Known Member
I agree. I think putting some sort of "I paid" note in our signatures will be a frequent reminder to those who haven't. In full disclosure, I am a bit tardy in my annual donation this year, and just now submitted payment to DR. Join the club!

Glad you like it and brought attention to it.

Doug: Thanks for shouldering the risk to make this community possible. [ed. My pleasure, Phil. dr]

Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
imitation is sincere

yep, great idea.

paid in advance of my usual, and updated the siggy

In the old days, Doug used to assign new donors a "VAF #" that some of us put in our signatures. He stopped doing that becaue it was too much work and didn't really mean anything. I really think that if you don't notice the big green "donate" button, you aren't goign to notice what's in someone (even your) signature block...come to think of it, I probably need to go update some of the airplane data in my signature block...way out of date....

Moving Button?

I wonder if the green donate button could be programmed to slowly and randomly move around the screen as a reminder and only disappear, or move back to the homepage location, when a paid-up member signs in?

A Bonus: It would be great if the cheap lurker?s web camera could be automatically activated to stream video back to VAF so we could all watch his head move around as he tries to dodge the moving donate button. :D

I agree...

And I cannot thank Doug enough for keeping this forum going as its members have helped me thru some jams over the past few years.

I hope others will see the big green button and "Push IT". Make that donation if you have not all ready done so.

In the old days, Doug used to assign new donors a "VAF #" that some of us put in our signatures. He stopped doing that becaue it was too much work and didn't really mean anything.

Ha...

I was looking for my number... Now I know why I didn't find it.
Would of had a pretty high number anyway as I'm here since Oct. '11 and paid in Mar '12...

Thanks to Doug for his hard work and to all that pitch in to keep this forum alive!!!

Keep it simple

I will support Doug how ever he changes things.

My vote is to keep it simple and don't add more red tape.

Payin' my dues...

...and it's well worth it. Doug, I appreciate the honor you show us service members. It's a privilege to serve. Still, this fantastic =VAF= world has given me more builder assistance, enjoyment, advice, dreams (N260KM WILL fly)... Oh, and the Adventures of Vlad!

You have my full support and deepest thanks, Doug.

Phil: Awesome idea, Brother!

Oh, and the Adventures of Vlad!!

Sorry about that, some of us are trying to get him banned but he swindled a lifetime membership somehow....when Vlad pays me the oil money he owes me I will make a donation in your honor! :D

Simple? Sustainable?

Phil has a good idea, and I?ve followed his lead as well, but will this latest application of pride and peer pressure (honor) actually work for Doug in the long run?

The problem for Doug is that a straightforward donation system based on honor and periodic reminder posts is apparently not working for him. The VAF donation rate has been trending down despite over 7,000 RVs flying, about an equal number under construction, and more kits rolling out of Van?s factory every day. Something?s not right.

Unfortunately, to turn VAF around as a business, the solution(s) for Doug may be anything but simple or even acceptable to him. In fact, Doug may need to make fundamental, possibly difficult, changes to turn VAF into a secure, sustainable business for himself and his family. In other words, ?simple? may not work unless it is a fundamental change.

As others have said, it?s certainly Doug?s decision regarding what to do with his VAF business; not ours. My only hope is that Doug finds a way to grow and sustain VAF for his family and for us. Certainly, Doug?s family must come first. We are a secondary consideration.

If VAF goes dark, because Doug has a better offer than we collectively can give him, so be it.

We can only say THANK YOU to Doug for trying to make VAF work and blame ourselves if VAF fails.

PUSH THAT GREEN DONATE BUTTON . . . NOW! (I just did and donated, again!) :D

PayPal donation

Thanks for the reminder. We just donated - and added $1.03 to our donation to cover PayPal. Just a thought for others using PayPal.

Doug Thanks for the site

Tag line and calendar reminder set for Jan 01 each year for the next 20 years!

Tag line and calendar reminder set for Jan 01 each year for the next 20 years!

Only 20 years? :eek: DR can't build a business model with that much uncertainty! You've got to commit to at least 30 years for =VAF= to make a go of it!

(Auto pay from my bank account with no end date in sight!)

Back