What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sun 'n Fun Awards

sun n fun award winners

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5470/7070642315_8a1a91100b_z.jpg

picked this out of the snf daily magazine. lots of rvs of course. it was a shame to see these, robert kurrle park beside me, beautiful planes getting blasted with dirt. ouch. congrats to all of the 10 rv winners.

RV-1 made it in there too!

anyone here have any pics of your winners?

Last edited by a moderator:
2012 Sun-n-Fun Reserve Grand Champion RV-7

xe2888.jpg

rr6r1k.jpg

rr6r1k.jpg

I was the proud receipient of the reserve grand champion kit built at Sun-n-Fun this year. First flown in October, 2011 after a 2 1/2 year build. I build it entirely by myself except for the paint. It has about 55 hours on it now and flies beautiful. I agree the conditions at Sun-n-Fun were not the best. I understand the burnt the grass a few weeks before the show with no rain (they did this a few years ago), so not only was it sandy and dry, but there was this black soot like dirt that got on everything - my legs were black and the airplane was almost impossible to keep clean. But, I was happy with the result after my continual cleaning. I tried to submit a photo - hopefully it is here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen Dr. Kurrle's airplane and it is truly a work of art and a labor of love. Congratulations Doc! I just got a good look at George Baker's RV-9A (Best Interior) today, and it, too, is an amazing airplane. If you are ever in Central FL. and need some maintenance, George Baker Aviation at New Smyrna Beach, (KEVB) is about as good a shop as you will ever encounter. I do as much of my own maintenance as I can, but on that occasion when I need a good shop to help me, these guys are the best and they are very comfortable with EAB airplanes. I get the same feeling in this shop that I used to get at SteinAir when I lived in St. Paul. Good people make it happen!

Back