What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Eagle's Nest--the good, the bad, and the ugly

videobobk

Well Known Member
Friend
Most of you know what a good thing ENP continues to be. One of the good (and bad) things is we get so close to our kids. The ugly is that right now we have one grounded for a while.

You probably have read posts from Ross Porter. Ross went off to college a couple months ago, and began to feel bad. I knew something was wrong when he came home a couple weeks ago and didn't even make it to the airport. Today is the first day he was going to be flying Young Eagles, and I visited him in the hospital last night. He is in for his second extended stay, but will be coming home soon. It would be nice if some of his VAF friends would give him a warm welcome, and would keep him in their thoughts and prayers.

This is a chronic condition, treatable but serious until it is under control. He hopes to be back in school next semester, and back flying in a few months. I hope he forgives me for posting this...

Bob

Well Ross, as they always say, "it's better to be under-the-weather wishing you were over it, than it is to . . ." [wait, I think I'm messing this up!]

Hey buddy, it was great meeting you at Oshkosh a few years ago and seeing you thrive in aviation. Us older guys are pretty used to the occasional health bump-in-the-road, but it hurts more when a younger guy has a setback.

One of my daughters missed her first semester in college with a major health issue just a few days before she was supposed to start. Now, she's just a semester and a half away from finishing.

You will too! Keep fighting! It's the journey through life that makes the man, not the smooth road when everything goes to plan.

Best wishes,

Stephen

Bad news Bob. Hope he gets better soon. Hopefully not Meningitis. That seems to be a perennial for college freshmen, making its way through dorms. I was specifically warned about it a few years back before I went to college myself.

To Ross - Good luck. It'll work itself out soon enough. Maybe convince Bob to bring you some small parts, clecos, etc in your room. If you're going to be laying around all day, might as well build something! :D

Back