What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First Flight

MarkW

Well Known Member
Friend
Received my Air worthiness yesterday morning and spent the rest of the day putting it back together and getting another weight. 1081#. 6 pm with the weather calm and the traffic low and no one around I snuck it out for about 6 laps around the pattern 1500' and 142 knots for engine break-in. Temps were great and plane needed no trimming. Only squawk was no sidetone on the radio or at least I could not hear it with the RPM's up. Man is that a pain to talk on the radio when you can not hear yourself. Did not have time for a glamour shot but hear is one after I put it back in the hanger.
wfmh.jpg

WOW

Congratulations. Could you have set the speed record for a build? Glanced at your builders log and saw that you just started a couple of years ago and it was a slow build. Amazing work. Enjoy!

Another baby leaves the nest. WAY TO GO!

Did you post to Vans and watch the RV Hobbs meter increment up one?

Wow cool! I can't wait to post one like this, but, I think I will be more excited.....Woooot Wooooo, HAY EVERYONE! I just flew the plane I spent 1/4 of my life building!!!! Yaaaaaa!, ok, that's just me, but congrats!

Thanks guys. Last night was the best night sleep I have had in two months.
All the hard work and anticipation are now past. The day has come and gone. Now to the fun parts. Well building was a blast too.
Hers the glamour shot.
2w679k1.jpg

Yeehaw!

Nice

Nice work mark, sheesh you were just painting the cowl a few days ago! You really showed some hustle on that build. Been following along trying to keep up for the last year:rolleyes:

Congrads. She's a beauty. I've been following the build and impressed with your progress. Would love to see it when I'm in the area.

Don Broussard
RV 9 Rebuild in Progress

Congratulations, Mark! That's really cool! Beautiful plane you've got there, too. Can't wait to join you very soon.

you're going to like it!

35 hrs in phase 1 on my RV-9A and I am very pleased with this aircraft. glide ratio 10:1, good speed and economy, stabile flight characteristics, low oil temps.

Back